At Lara Lashes, not only do we want you to love the eyelash extensions we apply, but we also want to inform you on how best to care for your lashes, maintaining natural eyelash health and achieving maximum longevity for the eyelash extensions themselves.
After you appointment, your Lash Stylist will provide you with guidance as to how to care for your lashes. Please remember, following correct aftercare is key to keeping your lashes looking great.
AFTERCARE ADVICE FOR LONGER LASTING LASHES
- Avoid contact with water for the first 24 hours after application
- Avoid steam baths, steam treatments and swimming for the first 48 hours after application
- Avoid the use of oil-based products on the eyelash extensions as this will loosen the adhesive bond
- If you would like to use mascara, ONLY use mascara that is oil-free and suitable for eyelash extensions (eyelash extension mascara available in salon or at http://www.laralashesboutique.co.uk/max-2-special-mascara-gold-for-eyelash-extensions)
- Be gentle with your eyelash extensions. Avoid rubbing or pulling them. Be particularly careful when washing your face. Always pat your face dry after cleansing
- Do not use an eyelash curler or perm your eyelash extensions
- Do not tint your eyelash extensions
- Keep your eyelash extensions clean (Top Tip: Dilute a tiny amount of baby shampoo in water, and using your fingertips, gently run this solution from the root to the tip of your lashes to cleanse. Remember not to rub or pull your lashes!)
- You can use an eyelash extension sealant to nourish and seal the lashes, and increase their longevity (eyelash extension sealant available in salon or at http://www.laralashesboutique.co.uk/black-diamond-coating-sealant)
We recommend an Infill & Tidy appointment every 2 to 3 weeks, up to a maximum of 4 weeks since your last appointment.
Why every few weeks? The reason is because your natural lashes have a lifecycle of between 60 to 90 days, and are constantly shedding, meaning any lash extensions attached to the natural lashes will also shed. The Infill & Tidy maintenance service simply adds extra individual eyelash extensions to new lashes, filling in gaps where the older ones have completed their lash cycle and shed. This will keep your lashes looking full and in “tip top” condition at all times!
If you decide you would like to remove your lashes, please remember not to attempt to do so yourself. Professional eyelash extension removal is required to ensure that no damage occurs to your natural lashes.
Please remember to always attend your appointment wearing no mascara. This will mean none of your appointment time will be taken up removing make-up, and your Lash Stylist can instead focus fully on applying lots of lovely new lashes!